Graeme began his music career in the Country Music Industry back in 1972 at the age of 18 and has continued in Country Music till this day. He has during his career toured throughout Australia several times with many high profile artists. He has performed at the Sydney Opera House, Home-bush and various clubs in and around Sydney many times. Over the 41 years, Graeme has gained experience in all aspects of the music industry and toured nationally with many high profile Country Music Artists with whom he has become good friends. Graeme has helped many amateur artists gain experience within the industry, some going on to win Star Maker or get into the top 20, and continues to give opportunity to many young up and coming artists who he believes, is the future of Country Music. Over the years Graeme has helped raise money for the Isolated Children, SIDS, Kids with Cancer, Aged Care, Angel Flight, Variety Clubs as well as individual fund raising for people with personal illnesses within the local communities. He has in the past and still continues to raise money for the Royal Flying Doctor Service. Graeme is also continuing to be involved in helping committees in various areas set up Country Music Festivals and in some cases is the entertainment officer, committee member or stage manager of the festivals. Just a few highlights are:
- 1992 Release of first album “Raggedy Ann”
- 1993 saw Graeme win the Tasmanian & New Zealand Songwriter Award (Ballad section)
- 1994 SAMI (Sth Aust Music Industry) Awards finalist
- 1994 Golden Guitar Nominee (in the Bush Ballad section)
- 1994 Release of second album “I’m Coming Through”
- 1997 Release of third album “Like Father Like Son”
- In 1997 Graeme received an Australia Day Award for services to the outback communities
- In 1998 Graeme received Citizen of the Year Award for his years of voluntary services to the outback communities
- Dec 2001 till Dec 2005 hosted & coordinated entertainment for Spencer Gulf Country Music Festival (2 each year) held at Lincoln Park Station raising monies for Royal Flying Doctor Service.
- November 2002 saw Graeme win the prestigious South Australian Council for Country Music '2002 Industry Award' in appreciation of his continued efforts toward the development of Country Music in South Australia
- June 2003 Graeme was inducted into 'The Hands of Fame' in Sth Aust, placing him on the list of Australian Country Music Legend Icon.
- August 2004 Graeme won the '2004 Adelaide Country Music Industry Award'
- February 2005 Lake Charlegark Country Music Marathon "Outstanding Contribution Award" performing for the last 25 years there and is now on the committee for this festival
- January 2005 -2013 hosted Harris Coach tour to Tamworth Country Music Festival
- 2008 began “Sunnyvale” entertaining coaches of people at the venue as is still current
- Nov 2009 prestigious “PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD” for the most popular SA Country Music Artist. (This award is voted by the people of SA)
- 2009 Assisted the starting of the annual Cowell Ute Muster & is Entertainment Coordinator for event - current
- Jan 2011 release of long awaited 4th album “You Asked For It”
- 2011 “Golden Medallion Award Male Vocal” nominee
- 2012 CELEBRATION 40 YEARS IN THE COUNTRY MUSIC INDUSTRY
- 2012 – SA celebrity host for “Goseetouring” hosting national & international tours
- “2013 Citizen of the Year” award for his services to the SA outback communities
- “2013 Community Event of the Year” as the Country Music Coordinator for the SA Cowell Ute Muster
- In 2013 released his 5th Album “Take Five”
- 2013 Winner of the Terry Smith Achiever Award (held in NSW) – section RECORDING ARTIST OF THE YEAR
- In 2013 - 6 week national tour through Sth Aust and Qld
- 2014 Golden Medallion Finalist – Male Vocal Section (announced in Tamworth at the festival) – Media Award
- “SA 2014 Community Event of the Year” as the Country Music Coordinator for the Cowell Ute Muster.
Graeme is one of Australia's most popular, hard working and successful Independent Artists with a natural appeal and rapport with audiences of all ages. He truly is a crowd pleaser and when performing never fails to give his all. He is acclaimed as 'SA's Favourite Son' and 'The Voice' by media and fans alike owing to a clear and distinct voice, over which he has clear emotional control. Such voices are not common, but one such voice, however, does belong to Graeme Hugo, which has gained him both wide acclaim and industry recognition for his professionalism, enthusiasm, dedication, dynamic and unique contribution to the Country Music Industry. Years of constant travelling, 5 successful albums with number 6 in process, endless awards and accolades have well and truly earned Graeme a prominent place among the cream of Australian Country Music entertainers.
Sunnyvale is a farming district situated in the heart of the Northern York Peninsular and is also the home of an approx 120 yr old church where Graeme & Lynne Hugo with help from friends and family began another chapter in their Country Music Book of Life. “Sunnyvale” as it will be known is predominately aimed at people being brought in by coach arriving at around 10.30am where they will be greeted with morning tea and a chance to browse around the souvenir shop. Then into the church hall for 1½ hour concert performed by Graeme and friends before heading into the dining hall for a 2 course meal. After a stroll around or just a chat for a while the coach will depart for their next destination at approx 2pm.
Bookings & enquiries: Graeme & Lynne Hugo Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 0427 810 175