Fred is Public Relations Officer on the committee of the Gawler Country Music Club.
He was on the SACCM Board of Governors.
Some info from Fred.
"I played a tuba for just over twenty years in various brass bands and entertainment groups. I played with a fun band which performed at nursing homes and retirement villages as well as many other clubs all over South Australia and we were invited to play in Brocken Hill for a Week at many venues. As I have had a love affair with country Music since my younger days working on cattle stations North of Alice Springs the audience would get a shock when I played a Slim Dusty song as a solo on the tuba.
In 2002 I had some major stomach problems and my esophagus nearly collapsed I had to give up playing the tuba, but couldn’t give up music I took up playing the Guitar and was able to really enjoy my love for country music and played with the band Us Blokes. The problems with my inners are now well and truly fixed have been able to take up singing, currently playing as duo with Dookie. As my love for country music is so strong I will never go back to the tuba.
Fred Payne’s extra list that may be able to help Counry Music SA.
- Been President of two Fishing Clubs
- Done Bar and security work
- Attended 3 grants writing workshops
- Coordinator of Brass band and solo competitions
- Organized dances and cabaret's
- Head coordinator of the Gawler Country Music Club Work Shop
- Public Relations Officer of the Gawler Country Music Club
- Have had some experience in judging
- Happy to do anything that is required of me from seeking sponsorship etc to cooking the B.B.Q.’s
- Willing to learn new skills to further the way I can be greater help for the betterment of Country Music SA.
Contact Fred at 8255-9248